Survival

Image result for les stroud funny
The Survival unit was interesting, I suppose. I mean, it definitely was interesting, but it was a stretch I think when it comes to how we function in our every day life. For example, we watched several Survival Man episodes, in which Les Stroud would go from land to land, and all bizarre climates to survive for 7 days. It was an entertaining unit, but I don't see how it relate to anything that we'll need to know, unless we're going to be facing some sort of situation like that one day. It doesn't quite make sense to watch a man use a sharpened stick to break a coconut, if the most survival I'll need is talking to a person I'm intimidated by. Nonetheless, I appreciated what the unit was trying to teach, and I do understand how I can loosely use some of these survival principles I've learned to get through my daily life, encountering situations in which I'll need to act accordingly.

In my opinion, the most powerful and useful survival trait is knowledge. Knowledge is everything. Knowledge is strength, knowledge is ability, knowledge is power. With knowledge, you will know how things will act, how things may work out, and what you need to do to adapt to that or counteract it. Knowing what to say may get you out of a bad situation, and knowing what you need to do to survive will help you survive. It's quite simple, actually. Knowledge is the root to everything in my eyes, and if you have all the knowledge, you have all the tools.

This project was yet again another successful one for me, and I do believe it did assist me a bit...well, maybe if I was stranded in the Caribbean or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Veterans Project

6-8

Goals