6-8
Ahhh, the middle school days. These few years were not only
the most awkward, but were the lowest mental years for me (as low as a dramatic
middle school kid can be). I remember the music I started listening to, the
trends I tried to follow, the friends and girls I tried to get with, etc. It
wasn’t pretty.
6th grade was where that all started. 6th grade, chubby me got my brand new pair of glasses, so I thought it would be a good idea to give myself a makeover. I remember the black skinny jeans, baggy shirts, the backwards hat. I now am starting to realize why I didn’t have many friends. The middle school fun nights were never fun for me, as I again, was always overdramatic and was bummed out about being a loner (even though people tried to reach out to me, idiot). I remember my best friend through the middle school years, Tyler Chislett. We did everything together. We shared as many laughs as you can imagine, hung out way too much, and told each other basically everything. It’s crazy to think about, because now we rarely share a basic exchange with each other. We did the 6th grade talent show together, and the video has 2,100 views on Youtube.(TALENTSHOW VIDEO HERE) It’s crazy what starts to change in middle school. The emotions started flowing, I had more crushes, love affairs, beef with people, than a 6th grader probably should have. My first kiss/girlfriend happened in 6th grade, right after art class. It’s extremely funny what you can remember, the ridiculous little things. I also remember James Macey. This kid used to be my friend, but then he started roasting me, being rude to me, and him and I got into a roast battle once when we stayed after school. I probably won, because I remember he put me in the infamous “Bully box.” What a jerk.
Well, I stuck around with the same crowd through all of middle school, and honestly, I regret that. This was basically all of 7th grade. Emotionally they were draining people, but for some reason, I stuck around. My self-esteem in middle school was extremely low, and I didn’t have the confidence to stick up for myself. They were not good people, they were toxic people, and I can say I’m glad I don’t hang out with them anymore. Middle school was when I started to get into a lot of the music that I listen to now. I got into a lot of the things that built me into who I am today. I have memories, but I don’t like to talk about the people I had those memories with, because as mentioned before, I’m glad they didn’t stick around as my friends. 8th grade was when I started to open up a little bit more. I tried to be myself as much as I could, and I’m glad that I did. I remember participating in the musical, getting a lead role in the lone year I ever did one. I guess I’m a bit of a one-hit-wonder. I found another group of friends in 8th grade, and despite the fun memories we had, it was more of a bridge to get me through until high school. I also found my favorite passion, being a sports fan. The Bills had a 6-10 year, but the Chicago Blackhawks, my favorite team, the Hawks, capped off a President's Trophy run with a Stanley Cup Championship. The next chapter, high school, brought a lot of change, friends and some of the best memories I can ask for.
6th grade was where that all started. 6th grade, chubby me got my brand new pair of glasses, so I thought it would be a good idea to give myself a makeover. I remember the black skinny jeans, baggy shirts, the backwards hat. I now am starting to realize why I didn’t have many friends. The middle school fun nights were never fun for me, as I again, was always overdramatic and was bummed out about being a loner (even though people tried to reach out to me, idiot). I remember my best friend through the middle school years, Tyler Chislett. We did everything together. We shared as many laughs as you can imagine, hung out way too much, and told each other basically everything. It’s crazy to think about, because now we rarely share a basic exchange with each other. We did the 6th grade talent show together, and the video has 2,100 views on Youtube.(TALENTSHOW VIDEO HERE) It’s crazy what starts to change in middle school. The emotions started flowing, I had more crushes, love affairs, beef with people, than a 6th grader probably should have. My first kiss/girlfriend happened in 6th grade, right after art class. It’s extremely funny what you can remember, the ridiculous little things. I also remember James Macey. This kid used to be my friend, but then he started roasting me, being rude to me, and him and I got into a roast battle once when we stayed after school. I probably won, because I remember he put me in the infamous “Bully box.” What a jerk.
Well, I stuck around with the same crowd through all of middle school, and honestly, I regret that. This was basically all of 7th grade. Emotionally they were draining people, but for some reason, I stuck around. My self-esteem in middle school was extremely low, and I didn’t have the confidence to stick up for myself. They were not good people, they were toxic people, and I can say I’m glad I don’t hang out with them anymore. Middle school was when I started to get into a lot of the music that I listen to now. I got into a lot of the things that built me into who I am today. I have memories, but I don’t like to talk about the people I had those memories with, because as mentioned before, I’m glad they didn’t stick around as my friends. 8th grade was when I started to open up a little bit more. I tried to be myself as much as I could, and I’m glad that I did. I remember participating in the musical, getting a lead role in the lone year I ever did one. I guess I’m a bit of a one-hit-wonder. I found another group of friends in 8th grade, and despite the fun memories we had, it was more of a bridge to get me through until high school. I also found my favorite passion, being a sports fan. The Bills had a 6-10 year, but the Chicago Blackhawks, my favorite team, the Hawks, capped off a President's Trophy run with a Stanley Cup Championship. The next chapter, high school, brought a lot of change, friends and some of the best memories I can ask for.


Comments
Post a Comment