Speak Truth To Power
The Speak Truth to Power had a different type of feel to it, and I enjoyed the production it required. Most projects like this are similar. You pick a topic, research it, then write a lame essay or make a cheesy Powerpoint that's been made dozens of times over. It was refreshing to bring the project to life, which is something my partner, Matt Marle, and I were able to accomplish, my conducting an interview, making it seem like it was on the radio. I would say our video was produced well and really captured the spirit and idea of Anonymous.
Our defender is Anonymous, which was formerly a group who
helped defend women's rights in 3rd world countries back in the 90's. In the
2000s, the age of the internet, the group resurfaced with millions of new
members, and became a "Hacktivist group." The group would DDOS
webpages, hack into files, corrupt data, etc. They performed these tasks to
organizations who had racist, sexist, or terribly wrong ideals. To this day,
Anonymous still breaks up and disrupts unrest among the internet, which is such
a key component of daily life.
This project taught me that I had 23 basic Human Rights,
which I did not previously know. I also learned a lot more about Anonymous and
what they stand for. This project was successful for me, as I received a great
grade on it, and I also learned much more about Human Rights, why they're so
important, and who throughout the world suffers most with injustice against
Human Rights.
Comments
Post a Comment