9-12
This is going to be the most cliche thing I'll probably ever say, but only because it's true. High school is the fastest 4 years of your life. The only reason why anyone says this, I've realized, is because it is true. It's one of the truest things I'll ever hear. It feels like just 6 months ago, I came walking into my first ever high school class. It was English class with Ms. Weisbeck. Now, it seems like over the course of just a few months I'm a graduating senior.
I don't have too many memories from 9th grade, but I know that's when the fun all started for me. James Macey, the kid from my last blog, turned it around and we actually became like brothers. Most of our time in 9th grade was spent hanging out, watching Youtube videos, and going to Darien Lake. Darien Lake...those were the good ol' days. A lot of stuff went down there, kinda...I mean we tried to act like we were cool, and we tried hanging out with a lot of people, but nothing ever really took off. Darien Lake was the go-to for a couple of years though. Freshman year was also the year of my first serious girlfriend, as serious as 4.5 months gets. Schooling was alright, and to be honest I barely remember any of it. Actually, I do. I remember Dylan Kiener and I finding a suspicious bottle of pepsi, in Mr. Kasper's sink, and drinking it. Not 100% how both of us felt, but it was interesting to say the least. I also remember how much I hated math, global, etc. I took my one year of chorus in freshman year too. Those were some pretty average times... . The summer after freshman year was pretty lit. I went to Florida with James, which was a lot of fun. I spent a whole 3 weeks down there, it was honestly one of the best vacations you could ask for. Once I returned, I went to see a Linkin PArk concert, one of my favorite bands from my childhood, and it was time for 10th grade.
This little paragraph is a late addition, in which I forgot to mention someone very important. Colin Ferguson. He was one of my best friends late in 9th grade, halfway through 10th, before he moved away from us. He didn't die, but he may as well have, as he forgot and abandoned his true squad here at home. We love you Colin.
10th grade was an interesting year, and it was probably the best of my high school career. 10th grade/2015 was when I got extremely close with the people I'm best friends with now. Corey Lucas, Nick Phillips, Jarrett Marx, James Macey, all became some of my best friends. I remember all the times goofing off in the lunch room, and getting yelled at a lot by Mr. Edward, to which one day James Macey argued back. That was a crazy day. I got my braces around that time too, which wasn't too fun. Again though, most of my classes sucked, except my Sports Marketing class. It wasn't a really busy year after school days because no one could drive yet, so often times we just went home after school. Eventually, the year ended, and it was time for summer once more. 10th grade summer was pretty fun. It started off with a Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup win, which for me, always was exciting to enjoy. The rest of the summer was filled w/ Darien Lake trips (again), hangouts at James' house, and a special trip to Cedar Point. For me, this was a really significant trip. It brought me and 3 others closer than we've ever been before, and the night before leaving, we all saw a huge shooting star. When I say huge, I mean huge. We all saw it on a midnight walk, and it was significant because it meant something different to all us. The Cedar Point trip was a hell of a good time, and we capped it off by ordering 100 chicken nuggets from McDonald's. Little did I know more McDonald's was in my future.
Junior year was definitely one of the weakest years of my high school career, to be honest. I started attending Harkness, which had its fair share of fond memories, which I'll get into later. Anyways, I had gotten into a serious relationship, and essentially fell in love. My buddy Corey started to drive, which meant more time to hangout because he could drive to see us. I got my first job, at none other than McDonald's. Things were looking up, but then again, maybe they weren't. I'm trying to really remember how I felt Junior year. It was definitely a really good year, but at the same time I felt like I had a lot of emotions bottled up, I had a lot of dependencies in my relationship, which wasn't healthy at all. I was spending less time with my friends, and more time in my relationship. I'm not going to act like I was an emotional wreck, because I wasn't, but maybe I could've been happier. I tried to enjoy things the best I could though. Harkness probably holds the fondest memories I have as a junior as far as schooling goes. I met some hilarious new people, built stronger friendships, and tried to learn about cars. Well...before that, I tried my hand at Aviation, but my lame teacher bored me out of that class in a month. I didn't learn much in Auto-Tech either. Still though, the drives to Harkness were some of the best, and so were some of the roast battles I got myself into. My teacher really liked me even though I was a really poor student in his class. This year went by quick, and the fun times carried on into Summer. I'm trying to remember the struggles I faced, who I talked to, how everything was, which is difficult. My life definitely wasn't this happy. I was probably stressed about having no money, or something of my friends did...probably. I did have my bad days I bet, but the summer was enjoyable. I spent a lot of time with my girlfriend, and had some late nights out with the guys. I also worked, as well as played a whole lot of Xbox. The summer went by quick, and it was time to enter my final chapter, Senior year.
It's funny to think about how quick the transition is, thinking from today's perspective. It feels like the gap between the last day of Junior year summer into the first day of Senior year schooling is huge, but just 1 second separates the day from 11:59:59 to 12:00:00. Just 1 second makes me from a high school kid into a young adult just trying to graduate. Which, that wasn't the case at all. The days are kind of blurred together early on in Senior year. I remember one day I was happy in my relationship, and the next day I wasn't. The fun memories became less and less, until I finally broke up with her. It was 11 months, and it sucks, but the pain of it all was quick...kind of. Anyway, let's lighten the mood a bit, eh? Senior year wasn't too bad at all. It was quick, and it was truly the year that made me realize, this is it. These little things, little pleasures or fun moments that you experience every single day will never be back, so enjoy them while you can. I did just that. Senior privilege of walking the halls without a pass, wandering around during study halls, or visiting teachers to have a calm, adult conversation were always nice (as opposed to those formal, annoying, teacher-student exchanges). Messing around school with my best friends, Corey and Nick, were also fun. That's our school squad now. We started with what seemed like maybe 8 or 9 people, and it dropped down to about 4 or 5. That's high school. There are casualties. Outside of school, the squad was thriving. Moes Monday's trips every Monday, trips to PA, and never forget; Saturdays are for the boys. Not to mention, Nick and I visited Chicago to go see the Blackhawks play at the UC. That was quite the excursion. Redman, Aric, Corey, Nick, Jarrett, all are some of my best friends to this day. We made it through everything, we survived Senior year, and it's about that time that it ends. Now it's time for the next chapter.
I don't have too many memories from 9th grade, but I know that's when the fun all started for me. James Macey, the kid from my last blog, turned it around and we actually became like brothers. Most of our time in 9th grade was spent hanging out, watching Youtube videos, and going to Darien Lake. Darien Lake...those were the good ol' days. A lot of stuff went down there, kinda...I mean we tried to act like we were cool, and we tried hanging out with a lot of people, but nothing ever really took off. Darien Lake was the go-to for a couple of years though. Freshman year was also the year of my first serious girlfriend, as serious as 4.5 months gets. Schooling was alright, and to be honest I barely remember any of it. Actually, I do. I remember Dylan Kiener and I finding a suspicious bottle of pepsi, in Mr. Kasper's sink, and drinking it. Not 100% how both of us felt, but it was interesting to say the least. I also remember how much I hated math, global, etc. I took my one year of chorus in freshman year too. Those were some pretty average times... . The summer after freshman year was pretty lit. I went to Florida with James, which was a lot of fun. I spent a whole 3 weeks down there, it was honestly one of the best vacations you could ask for. Once I returned, I went to see a Linkin PArk concert, one of my favorite bands from my childhood, and it was time for 10th grade.
This little paragraph is a late addition, in which I forgot to mention someone very important. Colin Ferguson. He was one of my best friends late in 9th grade, halfway through 10th, before he moved away from us. He didn't die, but he may as well have, as he forgot and abandoned his true squad here at home. We love you Colin.
10th grade was an interesting year, and it was probably the best of my high school career. 10th grade/2015 was when I got extremely close with the people I'm best friends with now. Corey Lucas, Nick Phillips, Jarrett Marx, James Macey, all became some of my best friends. I remember all the times goofing off in the lunch room, and getting yelled at a lot by Mr. Edward, to which one day James Macey argued back. That was a crazy day. I got my braces around that time too, which wasn't too fun. Again though, most of my classes sucked, except my Sports Marketing class. It wasn't a really busy year after school days because no one could drive yet, so often times we just went home after school. Eventually, the year ended, and it was time for summer once more. 10th grade summer was pretty fun. It started off with a Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup win, which for me, always was exciting to enjoy. The rest of the summer was filled w/ Darien Lake trips (again), hangouts at James' house, and a special trip to Cedar Point. For me, this was a really significant trip. It brought me and 3 others closer than we've ever been before, and the night before leaving, we all saw a huge shooting star. When I say huge, I mean huge. We all saw it on a midnight walk, and it was significant because it meant something different to all us. The Cedar Point trip was a hell of a good time, and we capped it off by ordering 100 chicken nuggets from McDonald's. Little did I know more McDonald's was in my future.
Junior year was definitely one of the weakest years of my high school career, to be honest. I started attending Harkness, which had its fair share of fond memories, which I'll get into later. Anyways, I had gotten into a serious relationship, and essentially fell in love. My buddy Corey started to drive, which meant more time to hangout because he could drive to see us. I got my first job, at none other than McDonald's. Things were looking up, but then again, maybe they weren't. I'm trying to really remember how I felt Junior year. It was definitely a really good year, but at the same time I felt like I had a lot of emotions bottled up, I had a lot of dependencies in my relationship, which wasn't healthy at all. I was spending less time with my friends, and more time in my relationship. I'm not going to act like I was an emotional wreck, because I wasn't, but maybe I could've been happier. I tried to enjoy things the best I could though. Harkness probably holds the fondest memories I have as a junior as far as schooling goes. I met some hilarious new people, built stronger friendships, and tried to learn about cars. Well...before that, I tried my hand at Aviation, but my lame teacher bored me out of that class in a month. I didn't learn much in Auto-Tech either. Still though, the drives to Harkness were some of the best, and so were some of the roast battles I got myself into. My teacher really liked me even though I was a really poor student in his class. This year went by quick, and the fun times carried on into Summer. I'm trying to remember the struggles I faced, who I talked to, how everything was, which is difficult. My life definitely wasn't this happy. I was probably stressed about having no money, or something of my friends did...probably. I did have my bad days I bet, but the summer was enjoyable. I spent a lot of time with my girlfriend, and had some late nights out with the guys. I also worked, as well as played a whole lot of Xbox. The summer went by quick, and it was time to enter my final chapter, Senior year.
It's funny to think about how quick the transition is, thinking from today's perspective. It feels like the gap between the last day of Junior year summer into the first day of Senior year schooling is huge, but just 1 second separates the day from 11:59:59 to 12:00:00. Just 1 second makes me from a high school kid into a young adult just trying to graduate. Which, that wasn't the case at all. The days are kind of blurred together early on in Senior year. I remember one day I was happy in my relationship, and the next day I wasn't. The fun memories became less and less, until I finally broke up with her. It was 11 months, and it sucks, but the pain of it all was quick...kind of. Anyway, let's lighten the mood a bit, eh? Senior year wasn't too bad at all. It was quick, and it was truly the year that made me realize, this is it. These little things, little pleasures or fun moments that you experience every single day will never be back, so enjoy them while you can. I did just that. Senior privilege of walking the halls without a pass, wandering around during study halls, or visiting teachers to have a calm, adult conversation were always nice (as opposed to those formal, annoying, teacher-student exchanges). Messing around school with my best friends, Corey and Nick, were also fun. That's our school squad now. We started with what seemed like maybe 8 or 9 people, and it dropped down to about 4 or 5. That's high school. There are casualties. Outside of school, the squad was thriving. Moes Monday's trips every Monday, trips to PA, and never forget; Saturdays are for the boys. Not to mention, Nick and I visited Chicago to go see the Blackhawks play at the UC. That was quite the excursion. Redman, Aric, Corey, Nick, Jarrett, all are some of my best friends to this day. We made it through everything, we survived Senior year, and it's about that time that it ends. Now it's time for the next chapter.


Comments
Post a Comment